12 June 2005

This has made me hopeful and happy

This comment on Pontifications from Fr. Newman.

I found it by way of David Bennett in his post. (H/T, David)

I'm going to natter about this in more detail one of these days, but suffice it to say I am one of those who felt chased out of the Church. The Latin-loving, meditative, prayerful Catholic me was anathema to the current régime. Reading this kind of thing here on the blogs makes me think there might be a place for me, eventually, somewhere. Where I live, it's a very chancy thing; I'm in Mahony territory. But without a community, I didn't know any better; I thought the whole church was like that. Thank God for all of you. Keep writing. Through your rants and ideas and observations and suggestions, you are saving souls. Really.

No comments: